Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hello and Welcome!


Welcome to the Cinema Outlaw Blog! Here is a place to share and promote Independent Film Projects, other film related events, and the occasional film review. The idea is to go beyond being just a blog, but to become a network to build connections between filmmakers, actors, and film enthusiasts.

Over the past year I've noticed a lot of young talent emerging from Central New York and surrounding areas. Which is great! I love that people are taking advantage of technology available to them and are using it to tell stories! I've also noticed though with the amount of directors, actors, cinematographers, and editors there are, it's so easy to have your work go unnoticed. Many filmmakers are even unaware of each other's existance. However, it seems to me if filmmakers and cinephiles knew about and better yet, supported each other, we could create something extraordinary. A community of creative individuals with a shared passion who could help each other's visions be realized. This is simply done by sharing other peoples Kickstarter Projects, trailers or short films, introducing actors, helping crew on each others films, going to a film screening, or simply showing someone a new movie. That's what I hope to accomplish with The Cinema Outlaw Blog. Of course the more people involved the better - So feel free to contact me if you have anything you would like to contribute!

About myself… my name is Jon Rigler and I am from Central New York. I'm very passionate about Filmmaking and Cinema in general. I love watching, learning about, and making films. I hope to be able to share my passion with others.

As far as the name of the blog… The Cinema Outlaw, I've always loved filmmakers who rebelled against filmmaking conventions of their time. And part of The Cinema Outlaw blog is to create an outlet to share our visions and celebrating work that is fresh and new. We have no rules. Some of the greatest and most influential filmmakers went against what was popular in filmmaking in their time and have introduced new ways of making, viewing, and understanding movies. 

“It's not where you take things from — it's where you take them to.” - Jean-Luc Godard


No comments:

Post a Comment